‘Ofsted commented on how effective the model Changing Relations used was. Its proactive nature was a major factor in the School being awarded an Outstanding judgement on its care and guidance. The project worked for us and the resources pack is impressive.’ Deputy Headteacher of Ferryhill Business and Enterprise College
Changing Relations can provide arts-based learning opportunities for young people in schools and youth and community groups. As a Sex Education Forum Partner, we can support schools in addressing SMSC, PSHE and RSE themes. We are also an Artsmark Partner and a registered Arts Award Centre, which means we can:
- help schools gain Artsmark accreditation;
- give young people an extra qualification for their portfolios.
Young people have told us that art-making is “like therapy” and have found this to be a helpful way of exploring difficult and important themes such as domestic abuse, sexting and gender norms.
There are a range of ways we can help you as we know every school is unique, for example, you can book us to run:
- a one-off session on a specific theme;
- an off-timetable day with a range of interactive sessions;
- a series of sessions to train a group of students to share learning with their peers;
- an artist-in-residency programme, creating art-making opportunities around a theme.
Contact us to find out more about our educational offer and how it can benefit your school and students.